‘Train-the-Trainer’ seminar to set-up an NCBI Affiliate on your Campus or Organization
The program starts with a three-day Train-the-Trainer Seminar, an intensive course that teaches participants how to lead the award-winning NCBI Welcoming Diversity Workshop and NCBI Controversial Issue Process.
The Welcoming Diversity Workshop is a one-day program that NCBI has implemented in hundreds of schools, universities, corporations, government agencies, trade unions, religious institutions, and community organizations throughout the world. At the Train-the-Trainer Seminar, participants meet in small learning groups where they receive individual coaching in leading each component of both programs.
The NCBI Controversial Issue Process helps individuals and groups to move hotly contested issues forward by teaching how to listen first to the heartfelt concerns on all sides and then to reframe the debate in a way that builds bridges.
The NCBI Welcome Diversity Workshop consists of series of incremental, experiential activities that help participants –
- To celebrate their similarities and differences
- To recognize the mis-information they’ve learned about various groups
- To identify and heal from internalized oppression–the discrimination members of an oppressed group target at themselves and each other
- To claim pride in group identity
- To understand the personal impact of discrimination through the telling of stories, and
- To learn hands-on tools for dealing effectively with bigoted comments and behavior
NCBI’s approach of combining emotional healing work with practical skill-training enables participants to learn quickly in a safe environment that values individual initiative.
NCBI’s seasoned training teams, representing a wide variety of backgrounds, coupled with the diversity of the participants in the seminar, also provide a valuable resource that helps people understand how they are both alike and different.